Wednesday, September 29, 2010
I've been feeling like it's time to serve up something a littler hardier for your ears to crunch on, so here is something semi new and p tasty. You may remember Das Racist from the mind-numbingly catchy "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell," but don't write them off yet.
They're really pretty good. I was reticent to take them seriously myself, 'cause I can only take "joke rap" so far, but it turns out they have really good production and some meaty raps (with a healthy peppering of jokes, of course).
If you're not ready to commit to the whole mixtape, I get it. Here's a track to taste, which reminds me of one of my favorite SNL skits (Kristen Wiig as Judy Grimes) and samples the theme song from Days of Our Lives (YES).
Video, links and tracklist after the jump....
Das Racist – "hahahaha jk?"
(right click, save link as)
Das Racist "Sit Down, Man" Mixtape
01. Wkcr Stretch and Bobbito With Quincy Jones (intro)
02. All Tan Everything [ft. Jay-Z) (Produced by Sabzi)
03. Puerto Rican Cousins (Produced by Gordon Voidwell and Alex Kestner)
04. Hahahaha Jk? (Produced by Boi-1da)
05. Town Business [ft. Kassa Overall) (Produced by Kassa Overall)
06. Commercial (Produced by Teengirl Fantasy)
07. People Are Strange (Produced by Devo Springsteen)
08. Luv it Mayne [ft. Fat Tony & Bo P] (Produced by Tom Cruz)
09. Amazing [ft. Lakutis] (Produced by Keepaway)
10. Fashion Party [with Chairlift] (Produced by Chairlift)
11. Rapping 2 U [ft. Lakutis] (Produced by Sha-leik)
12. Rooftop [ft. Despot] (Produced by Dame Grease)
13. Irresponsible [ft. Lakutis] (Produced by Like Magic + Das Racist)
14. Return to Innocence (Produced by Dash Speaks)
15. Julia (The Very Best Remix) (Produced by Das Racist)
16. Roc Marciano Joint [ft. Roc Marciano] (Produced by Mike finito)
17. You Can Sell Anything (Produced by Diplo)
18. Sit Down, Man [ft. El-P) (Produced by Scoop Deville)
19. Sit Down, People (by Dapwell and Quincy Jones)
And that SNL skit...